Old 04-15-15, 01:30 PM
Guizmo

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 6 105 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wroomwroomoops
I won't say anything too new, but maybe put this situation into a bit of perspective: carbon fiber composite frames (and components in general) command a premium price. That implies also a premium finishing and QC. If I paid $150 for a steel frameset, and it had that dent in it, I would not complain. But if I bought a $850 carbon fiber frameset, you can bet your sweet fanny that I would complain! Out of principle, if nothing else.

There is also the fact that I could not get that nagging feeling out of my head, that something evil could happen to that bike - with steel, titanium and aluminium frames I know I would receive plenty of advance warning before catastrophe strikes. I know your bike is probably OK, but I also know myself.
That's the same thought I've had. First it's to make sure I won't die, second it's for the principle since this bike value is so high and it's the first time I buy something that expensive... A steel frame wouldn't have made me doubt that much about it.

Originally Posted by alcjphil
Don't give up, the local streets are drying up and I even saw a street sweeper today, a sure sign of spring in Montreal. If only they could start fixing the holes in the street. Some of the streets in the west end of the city look as if they were hit by a combination of bombs and earthquakes. A combination of potholes and frost heaves
Yeah the island is actually in a terrible state for its streets... But I'm living on the south shore and I've seen people riding all day when I was working this weekend it was killing me!