Old 04-16-15, 02:00 PM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for all the great info.

I ask because I bought a set of wheels before learning much about this stuff. They are 440 gram, 32 hole rims with 2.0/1.5 spokes throughout.

Early on, they needed a lot of tweaking, but I finally got them to a point where they were relatively stable. Now after a particularly hard or rough ride, I will double check them and typically find one spot on the rear wheel that is slightly out of true. Not enough to touch a brake pad, not really even close, but its off a little. I put it on the stand and dial the problem out.

It seems to usually be on the NDS. The DS stays really even on tension, but the NDS seems to change a bit and require a little tweak from time to time. I'm not sure if that is normal or I should go to some type of thread locker or even go up to a 2.0/1.8 spoke. I don't mind tweaking the wheel, I just don't want to it to be indicative of an issue that needs to be fixed and I don't know it. The builder used alloy nipples as well. I wish they were brass, but they are not, so I treat them with kid gloves a bit.