Old 04-16-15, 03:03 PM
Guizmo

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 6 105 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Everyone seems to consider it to be a cosmetic flaw. It runs parallel to the tube, so the risk should be minimal. Does it have a hole that allows water in? But I think it is time to accept that it is there.

Had you seen it before buying the bike, you might have been able to get the store to knock off some additional bucks, but you had already travelled quite some distance to buy THAT BIKE. Would you have left empty handed? Nonetheless, you didn't discover it until you got home, and chose not to return the bike.

A few days ago someone posted a picture that had a paint chip on the hinge of a steel folding bike, and my thoughts was to just get some factory touch-up paint and touch it up. I'm not sure why one would consider the CF bike as any different, or needing to be flawless. Value, of course, is different, but a bike should be ridden.
Yes of course, the only thing I wanted to know was that I wouldn't get hurt from riding it. At the moment I'll get on the seat I'll have forgot about it 100%.