Old 04-17-15, 08:13 AM
iron lungs

Bikes: Scattante R570

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
Do you have any touring plans for 2015? Brief tours, longer tours, any duration. Whether you're just thinking about it or have made definite plans, where are you hoping to go?
Hello axolotl, I saw this post after I posted an individual one. I am planning a circuit trip around Lake Superior, this summer, from June 26-July 12. High aspirations of consecutive centuries, and even mileage over 120 per day. My wife will SAG for me. My undecided direction will be determined by others experience in this area. If anyone has advice on the direction and terrain WITH that direction (IE is the terrain easier clockwise, rather than counterclockwise) and wind direction of prevailing winds and average temps during this time of year. I will definitely be starting from Sault St Marie, Ontario and my reasoning for counterclockwise, should be that I will end the ride from Duluth, Mn to Sault Ste Marie, Ont with a tail wind pushing me.
If anyone has any experience on the circuit, or info on winds/terrain/weather, during June 26-July 12.. please let me know. Thanks....