Old 04-19-15, 07:57 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I did my first ride on my TT bike today since I revamped it. It has 3T Vola bars and a 165mm crankset on it now. My first impressions are: the bars are more comfortable than the ones it came with even though they need adjustment. The 165mm crankset was subtle. Under normal pedaling at a high cadence, they felt exactly like the 170's I had on it. When I got to a lower cadence, and when I went OTS is when I noticed a difference. My hips and plexors felt more relaxed, and I could push a higher cadence OTS than I could before. Hmmm.

Three interval sets today, high power. Yesterday I had doubts I could do it, and Ex said "see how you feel". I felt pretty good. I could tell I was little tired, my HR wouldn't go much past LTHR, but I hit the numbers. The second interval tapered off pretty severely in the last minute, but the third one went well.

If I could just find a magic formula to increase my aerobic engine, like double it...