Old 04-20-15, 12:16 PM
miamijim

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
I am not sure about theft or disregard.
In thinking about the whys, it could be anywhere in the system.
The problem is figuring out what happens to a wayward package, .
Originally Posted by jiangshi
I'm a bit confused. The box was sent via the Italian Post, and handed over to UPS for delivery? If UPS has proof of delivery, they know where it was delivered. There will be a tracking number.
Aaron, sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

A few years back I had a pristine bike disappear from a FedEx truck. Tracking showed it being on the truck for delivery but it was never delivered. I carefully worded my questions and answers with the FedEx rep and got to point where I was going to call the police and have the driver questioned for theft.

I asked how could the driver not know he was missing a box. If he scanned 50 boxes into the truck and only 49 going off wouldnt he be smart engouh to realize his truck was 1 short and report it? He never reported being 1 short which is why I think he stole it. FedEx said if a box losses it's label they all go to Atlanta. I asked if the facilty in Atlanta could look for and what happens to all the boxes in Atlanta and got no good response.

And if he had a box on his truck without a label couldnt they figure out through process of elimnation where it was suppose to go?