Old 04-20-15, 07:46 PM
Inpd

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul W.
Your new bike sure looks pretty. Congrats.

I've always been a Craigslist bike buyer, but Bikesdirect is tempting. Luckily for me, they are out of the correct size of the one I'm coveting so I don't have to make a decision anytime soon.

Here's a question for you or any other Bikesdirect customers: How did the shipping drop off work? Did they leave it at your doorstep? The BD website says that it is delivered "signature required". I'm not home during the day to sign for it and don't have a truck to go pick it up at UPS/USPS.

Thanks all.
Your right. Its shipped with a signature required. However, once you get the UPS tracking number you can log onto myUPS (or whatever its called) and change the signature requirement.

In principle Craig's List is a great idea. You can buy great bikes for 50%+ off and they are only a few years old. But I think a relatively inexperience person like myself could be easily conned on CL. I did look at some nice bikes on CL and clearly the owners had replaced a few parts with cheaper ones. One Cannondale CAAD8 I saw had a Tourney Dereilluer! What really got me worried though was that with something like a Carbon fork, how do you tell its not damaged?

But if your an experienced buyer or have a friend who is, then CL is a good deal.