View Single Post
Old 04-21-15, 09:29 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5797 Post(s)
Liked 2,611 Times in 1,448 Posts
Things have changed. Drug smuggling, and the concerns about illegal aliens, and potential terrorists have led to these 2nd lines of defense near the borders.

It's very different from about 40-50 years age when 4 of us of were coming back to NYC from Montreal. Our car was selected for a random full search and ID check, and sent to the designated area. This wasn't going to be good because the trunk was filled with "souvenirs". Fortunately they start the process with an interview, and the border agent walked up and asked where we were coming from and headed. Larry, in the back seat called out "Brooklyn" and it was obvious where he was from. The border agent heard that, asked the rest of where we were from, and we must have sounded authentic because he sent us on our way with his best wishes.

We're not used to police intercepts on our roads, but I've been "field checked" in France, Italy, the UK, and Mexico, and if I can handle heavily armed police overseas, have no issue with the idea here ---- as long as the police are professional and courteous.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.