View Single Post
Old 04-22-15, 08:38 AM
Sullalto

Bikes: Jamis Quest Comp

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sometimes there is just no winning. In a ped heavy section of the mup, I'd slowed down to single digit speeds. Dad saw me, pulled his kids out of the way. I give him a little wave, move to the far left. And hit his kid, who decided to turn around and rush across right into me, without looking.

the mup is super convenient for my commute, but given that I commute in the early afternoon, I don't use it on weekends.

its amazing at night though. I get out of work at 10pm ish. I'll go days without seeing anybody on my night commute, ~8 miles of empty, freshly paved concrete to myself. When I do see people, they're likely fishers right on the water, or other cyclists-and virtually always ones steady enough to be predictable. Besides, the headlight announces me thoroughly enough people always make room to pass.

Another cyclist and I had a good laugh at each other over winter. I could go weeks without seeing anybody at night during winter. except this one guy. Saw him every night. We were both like, 'what the hell, you're crowding my empty bike path, dude.'

Last edited by Sullalto; 04-22-15 at 08:41 AM.