Old 04-22-15, 04:57 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18382 Post(s)
Liked 4,515 Times in 3,355 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnslow2
But imagine a family outing in the minivan. On the way to the beach you get a flat. You pull over to a safe place and put on the spare. But a moment of distraction you forget to tighten all the lug bolts. You continue on your way but a few miles later you feel a shutter and then suddenly the wheel falls off.

Who's fault is it... the car manufacturer?

If you're not responsible enough to ensure your own safety, you should not remove the wheel. My wife is not so we have AAA and she'll call them to put on the spare.
I bought 4 new tires for my Ranger and had them installed at a shop in Utah in the middle of one of my trips.
Drove to Oregon, and then was headed back east when I felt an odd shimmy near Ontario, OR. It turns out the tire shop forgot to tighten down one of my wheels, and I almost lost it on the road. I know EXACTLY who's fault it is.

Of course, you might say that I should check every lug nut every day with a torque wrench. I'm a bit lazy that way

Thinking of spare tires...
Ever read the labels on the spares...
"TEMPORARY USE ONLY"
"MAXIMUM SPEED" 45

Ever notice in every downturn of the economy how many cars are driving around on the Donut tires?

Originally Posted by oldnslow2
Who does this guy sue?

There's more padding on the part of the helmet protecting the forehead... Are you sure he's not safer that way?

Last edited by CliffordK; 04-22-15 at 05:01 PM.