View Single Post
Old 04-24-15, 11:51 AM
Jallsop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Never bought a bike before

As the title says I've never bought a bike before. All my bikes have either been dumpster bikes or bikes given to me by friends/family. They've all been cheap, broken, etc.

I finally want to have an actual bike. I would like to be able to use my bike to get to work and classes (all about 10 or so minute rides) as well as for casual riding here and there (nice weather days can see me on a bike for anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours). On rare occasions we take a long trail from where I live (Queens, NY) all the way to and around Manhattan, an all day trip.

I prefer comfort over speed and would rather sit on my bike in a more upfront facing position than parallel to the bike, I also like to take in the scenery. I'd be biking on roads and sidewalks. There are lots of hills here and there though I wouldn't say where I live is exceptionally hill-y and is for the most part flat terrain.

I'm sure you guys get questions like these a lot and I could use your advice on buying a bike or any recommendations you could throw my way.

Thanks <3