ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jallsop
No idea haha.

I'm a hair over 6' and have long legs, how would I find out my size?
What is your inseam?

This chart gives a starting point for finding your size. Bike Fitting Chart

After you find your size, let's just say that at 6'0", you have an inseam of 32.5" - 33". This would put you at a road bike size of 60cm. For a hybrid or Mountain bike, it might be a 20" bike. Depending upon the road bike manufacturer, I'd expect some 58cm bikes to fit you, but with another manufacturer, a 62cm bike would fit better. On most, a 60 cm bike would probably fit best. But this also depends upon your reach, torso to leg ratio, femur length, flexibility, etc.

So the best thing you can do is find the range of bikes that will fit you and road test several different bikes, brands, and geometries. Actually go to a LBS, and road test some of their bikes, as they can give you tips on fitting. If you do buy a used bicycle, you can use this information to help you, and you'll probably need to find a LBS to help do some of the maintenance on the bicycle, anyways.

Here a good resource for beginners.

Fit and comfort on the bike are the biggest things. If you don't feel comfortable riding the bike, then you won't ride the bike. So get one you like. And if you see some deals on Craig's List, bring them to this thread, and some of the more experienced members can tell you if it is a decent deal.

GH