Old 04-24-15, 08:01 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
I haven't been posting here in a while...have in some other threads, but nothing that required serious thought. Family mega-stress got to the point where I quit in the middle of a set of intervals I was physically able to complete - just thought "Eff it, I just don't want to do this." I don't like myself much when I'm depressed. My coach was aware of the circumstances, and was okay with the idea of just riding around for a few days. Amazing what a tonic that can be.

Since then I've been pretty busy with intervals - O/Us with the under part threshold and the over part as hard as I can go, VO2 intervals with short RBI, etc. **** hurts. I like it. Tomorrow is 2x5 mile TTs, starting at just over threshold and adding ~5 watts each mile. Next day is 66 miles with lots of short (200-400 meter long) climbs. Both days replicate my next stage race, though only one TT at the race. Recovery week follows.

We've gone to shorter training blocks, but my race schedule doesn't permit nice two weeks on/one week off scheduling, so we're back-planning from the races and doing as well as we can. I've got more energy to do the intervals, so I'm happy with the change.

Things are looking up!

Demain, on roule!