oddjob2
Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I never understood the big issue of tire availability for 27" wheels. Do some people frequently change out their tires? I think provided you can find a quality tire that wears well how many different ones do you need?
+10

Originally Posted by dailycommute
Re 250 price, it is CL and op said 300 was top. Cash in hand buyer in first few days are the most real. Never had the pleasure of a 912 but have had a 712 or whatever that 700 line was.

Re overall bike market in general lately I have sold 3, bought 1 (three were 1980s vintage) in last month and overall impression is soft for vintage steel, buyers are looking for (and getting) deals on wide range of bikes. Deals were transacted via ebay, swap, and CL. Sold 1990 trek 420, sold 1984 club fuji, bought 1989 fuso and they were all buyer side deals, that is totally overhauled, nicely presented and still buyer's market on value. jmo
This spring, I have sold 6 road bikes at asking prices between $250-$365. Only one single buyer asked for a discount, so she got $20 off. I have also sold a hybrid and MTB at 100% of asking price. I'd say the Midwest is at equilibrium.