Old 04-26-15, 11:02 AM
judyplease

Bikes: 91 Tomassini Competezione Quattro Colori

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedals are old but I don't think age properly reflects mileage. I salvaged them from ancient crappy bike that I found and purchased at Goodwill (just for the pedals). Not sure why horrible bike had "like new " great pedals, but I knew enough to buy the bike for $20 as the pedals were bright and shiny with no visible wear and brand/model clear. I took the whole icky bike to my good mechanic to see if he wanted any components and he agreed that bike sucked; pedals rocked. He (mechanic) installed the pedals for me (he insisted; I did not ask.) and he also thought them to be little used. The salvage bike I donated back to goodwill with cheap pedals from my kids' ten speed. I only put maybe 5000 miles on the pedal at issue (also need new computer). As pedals were a steal, the monetary value obviously isn't important so much as the principle. I looked to those more knowledgable here since had no idea why a pedal would just fall off since shop wouldn't give an acceptable answer (just saying it failed due to ANY reason would have been acceptable). But simply repeating that it was a "fluke"... Unless that truly is all there is to say when a pedal is stripped/falls off axle immediately after being serviced in which case I owe shop apology for my furrowed brows and impolite "bye". Regardless, will return to old trustworthy shop which is quite a trek for things I can't fix in the future. (New pedals for me are on the way from Nashbar.)