Old 04-27-15, 09:27 PM
echappist
fuggitivo solitario

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
Some friends just had a gofundme for their cat's surgery and raised $3k+ doing it. Yeah I gave money, but in the back of my head I'm thinking that if you can't afford to pay for things that happen to pets you shouldn't have pets. They ain't IKEA furniture, they're alive.

Grumble grumble.
the thing is, i'm relatively generous when it comes to friends. When i was still a broke ass grad student, I hosted dinner parties and bought beer (Ommegang, not PBR) and made seafood risotto. At restaurants, I am known for excusing myself to go to the restroom and picking up the entire tab.

The instant situation arose because the club ran out of money and can't fund the trip, and the riders want to fly to Nats (costing ~$800 per) as opposed to make the 10 hour one-way drive (which i would presume would cost $1000 for the rental, if not less should they go for the school provided vehicle). On top of this, the club never had money problems before, and the club still managed to send people to Nats. It seems that the financial predicament is largely due to mismanagement, and now they just want someone else to pick up the tab.

Last edited by echappist; 04-27-15 at 09:32 PM.