Old 04-28-15, 02:02 PM
mel2012

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Congratulations! My son loves his Hedgehog. He went from a 12" Hotrock to the Hedgehog and it only took him about 10 minutes to get the hand brakes down. I can't overstate the benefits of the freewheel vs. coaster brake. It's great for him to get into power pedal position and to track stand for stops and then get going again. He rode 3 miles on it this morning to preschool and will ride another 3 home tonight. He's our youngest, so we don't have anyone in the family to pass it down to, but I don't regret the investment at all. It's worth it for the "cool bike" compliments alone .

Originally Posted by Bluecoupe
I just picked up a Cleary Hedgehog for my daughter yesterday its a nice bike. Wife says I'm crazy to get her an expensive bike $350CAD. But she is going from her dept 16" bike with coaster brake to one with a handbrake so she will have to learn how to stop with the hand brakes now. Main reason for me wanting to get her a new bike was for the handbrake and besides it can be a hand me down to lil bro when he's old enough to ride it