RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bunyanderman
Here is something you cyclists don't probably know. While cyclists can "upgrade" their bikes and equipment to buy speed, swimmers do the exact same thing with their suit. These technology suits are hydrophobic, offer insane compression and also are very buoyant pulling the swimmers hips more out of the water. The range for consumers is actually pretty affordable, some start at $100 and some are over $500, but not many. Only thing is that they only last for a small amount of races. They might only last 2 meets, maybe less than 10 events. Which can come down to $300 for less than 10 minutes of race time

They banned the full body suits, for the huge advantage they offered. I think the ruling is that a males suit cannot go over the belly button or below the knee caps.

Anyways I bring this up as I am purchasing my suit for this year tonight, and it is quite exciting. Cool thing about the suit, is that is has carbon fiber designed into the suit to offer more compression.
I actually did know this since one of my old co-worker's sons are/were one of the top in MN high school swimming.