Old 04-29-15, 01:25 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked 2,221 Times in 1,106 Posts
So when I meet him tomorrow, I will ask. My suspicion is that he parted it out. I think I captured my discoveries in looking for a replacement. I was not able to find a reasonable priced fork with steel threaded steerer, Maybe my criteria was too constrained because I didn't consider threadless. The biggest challence was finding one with 38 mm offset. Most road forks are in the 43 mm range with some less.

I went through the box of stuff last night, that was hanging on the frame. I know I ask JohnDThompson about BB size. I was interested in understanding what was there. Surprise, it is a Stronglight Competition BB in 1.37x 24!. How often does that show up? Now I need to examine the races to see if it is worthy of reuse. The Shimano BB 36x24 I have for the Pinarello has a single spot of pits where the bike sat for who knows how long with water in the BB. I need to find a replacement.

OK so now the 760 is getting the Superbe mostly Pro group of parts. It will be awhile before I get it together or are you saying do it now and find out how it rides?! Crappy rattle can black frame, hot pink fork with Suntour Superbe Pro parts and tubulars! Sleeper?