GZ99

Bikes: 22" Airborne Seeker 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello BikeForums

Hello,

I remember when I was a kid, tooling around on my old Mongoose BMX with the fat platform pedals and the wheel pegs. Then a few years later riding a vintage Street bike (unknown make, GF at the time stripped the yellow paint and painted it black for me). Then came a long hiatus from biking.

Then in the late '90s I picked up a used 20" Schwinn MOAB rigid MTB from the early '90s. It was lightweight and a blast to run on the roads. I rode it on and off for a year then put it in storage. Brought it out in 2003 and the fellows at Broken Spoke tuned her up and I enjoyed riding for another few years until '06 or '07 when she was stolen (probably by my neighbors).

Went without a bike for a couple years then picked up a P.O.S. Box-Store MTB at a yard sale that weighed a ton and was too small for me. I didn't get any enjoyment out of it whatsoever.

Fast forward to March 2015. The years (and inactivity) packed on the weight, and the yearning to hit the trails came back... So, finally, I broke down and decided to buy myself a new bike.

After a few weeks of researching what was available and reading reviews, I settled on (and bought) a 22" Airborne "Seeker" 29er.

Airborne Bicycles . Seeker

Here she is the day she arrived and I assembled her.

I have been on 4 short rides and one ride to work since I got my new ride and I am LOVING it. At 6'2" and 2-hundred-and-FAT lbs, I am looking forward to a summer of riding.

I have joined this community in the hopes of making new friends, learning new things and finding the best trails in northeastern PA.

Regards,

GZ99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20150418_120106.jpg (100.4 KB, 22 views)