View Single Post
Old 05-02-15, 09:02 PM
IcySmooth52

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Plans to Cover my Nostalgic Bike Needs

I hopped on an '85 Club Fuji today for $200, knowing it was a good deal and it'd go fast if I didn't get it soon. But I was disappointed it had a VERY short top tube for a 58 (typically my size). I bought it anyways because worse comes to worse, I make a profit turning it over. So my need for a classic steel down-tube shifting ride is still unappropriately covered, and I've come to three options I could pursue to satisfy my tastes. (The carbon racer, 29'er hardtail and track fixie appetites are satisfied.)

#1 . I put the parts on the Club Fuji to my '83 Holdsworth Mistral frame which is a restoration project that just needs to be painted, but I know will fit fine. Two downsides though: A bit more of a touring bike than I'm looking for, and I was planning on keeping this as more of a decoration or just for show. (Being completely sripped of paint, got decals from Holdsworth that're exactly the originals, and paint is exactly the same)

#2 . I put a longer stem on Club Fuji. It's got a 90mm stem on now. 110mm? Could be on the verge of ver-lengthening" it. Stems are typically shorter on quill stems and with the larker fork rake.

#3 . I get a '10 Fuji Connoisseur frame and throw on the parts. They're not very expensive, but not authentically vintage, but the style of bike I want. What's Reynolds 725?

Any thoughts or other ideas? I don't think I want to hold out for the season for another classic roadie to come along that makes me

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00p0p_dK8IhJSUJMo_600x450.jpg (57.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg
'85 Club Fuji.jpg (96.2 KB, 118 views)