Old 05-03-15, 06:21 PM
loimpact

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 3; 2014 Cannondale Quick 4; 2014 Cannondale Crash 4 hi-mod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oldnslow2
While the large bumpers show it to be a 74 or newer, the flat windshield tells you it's a "Standard" Beetle and not a Super.

You had it confused with a 1302 Super that had a flat windshield, but they were only made 71-72. In 73 the 1303 Super came out with a curved windshield.

BTW... I spent the day with my son who worked 7 years at a bike shop while in high school and college, and he said you would really have to want to do damage to damage the seat post. While not optimal, carbon is pretty tough and you would have to really crank down the clam to damage it.
Indeed! I was drawn to the rear-quarter intake vents & I always think *super* when I see those & while it *could* be a 1302, I think your bonnet on a standard is shaped a little differently too, no?

To further hijack this poor thread......a year after that magazine cover, I put a much larger motor (Tom Schuh) and a 5 speed trans (Dave Folts) in that puppy which put it into "stupid money" territory and got into a 30 minute argument w/ Gene Berg on the phone as to why he wouldn't sell me a Berg 5 speed shifter. (Folts' trans, not his, so he wouldn't hear of it) I ended up having to work around him to get one and drove it as a 4-speed for 2 months before I ever got to actually shift into 5th).

Again....apologies to OP......to put this back on topic.....Oldnslow....careful swinging that bike around on the stand no matter where you clamp it.....don't wanna hit the Bug!!!