View Single Post
Old 05-04-15, 08:59 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,584 Times in 1,432 Posts
Originally Posted by tmac100
Is this per gm, per mouthful or per piece of fruit? Seriously what do you mean by more? I currently don't have access to nutrition tables ...
As a long time believer of dried apricot as on-the-road food, I suspect that the comparison may be biased. I haven't checked lately, but suspect that people are comparing dried apricots to fresh bananas. Figuring that fresh fruits have high percentages of water, comparing any dried fruit to another whole fruit is pretty meaningless, unless it's just a practical comparison based on how people would be eating them.

BTW- here's a table showing the potassium content of various foods. It shows that 1/4 cup of dried apricots has about 90% of the potassium of medium banana which is much more than 1/4 cup in volume. Whether 1/4 cup of dried fruit is an easier to eat snack than a whole banana is up to you.

BTW- apricots have more potassium per calorie, which may be the measure that supports the claim that they're richer in potassium than bananas.

Attached Images

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 05-04-15 at 09:16 PM.