Thread: Today I (v2):
View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 07:02 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4430 Post(s)
Liked 4,073 Times in 2,716 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
You removed the crank arm and clamped it in the biggest available bench vise? Super long cheater bar on the pedal wrench? Direct impact force perpendicular to the wrench?
Originally Posted by Nagrom_
Take the pedal body off and use a box ended 15 and a 3ft breaker bar. A couple pedal straps around the crankarm and the seat tube will hold things in place.
Hahahahahahahaha. If only that had worked. You couldn't use a pedal wrench because it was rounding off so we had to use a 6mm allen on the backside. Trust me there was no getting that pedal off without destroying the crank and spending more time than one should on it.

All the various penetrating stuff was on there for various segments probably could have let it go overnight but alas I was trying to get it done before I left. Basically I kept spraying and soaking all day in between folks trying to get it off.