Old 05-05-15, 11:53 AM
TenSpeedV2

Bikes: Felt TK2, Felt Z5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TransitBiker
Agree, i'd leave it as-is. Why waste the money?

It's not being over-thought my good sir. It was the actual very first thought i had when i looked at it. If you look closely at it, you'll notice there is an interlocking "hook" on one end. You really think that was machined with a layer of paint in mind? If it's supposed to hold a handlebar, then the inner surface needs to remain bare. Why risk paying money for paint and etc you don't need just to potentially ruin your part?

http://ritcheylogic.com/manuals/bars..._10_29_web.pdf

Section B says to make sure your diameters are the same. What happens when you add paint? Maybe uh the diameters change enough to where it won't grip properly? Come on, this is basic stuff here. Everyone should know that paint adds to the dimensions of the thing being painted.

As to not start some huge drama, i'm simply going to say DON'T DO IT. Do you have to listen to me? absolutely not.

- Andy
You are over complicating this to no extent. Lay the face plate down on a flat surface, face up. Light coat of primer, light coats of matte black on the face of the face plate, not the back. No diameter compromise, and the OP is happy. This is not rocket science. It is extremely simple.