View Single Post
Old 05-05-15, 06:55 PM
aramis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Murakami
The only way I've ever done well in this is to sit at the front and control it, especially if I can get a team mate or other to work with me and block above me. Never go down to the black line though, always up from it a little, so that there's no room for someone to come under you.

If that fails, I try and remain right on the tail of whoever is controlling it.

If that fails and I'm just fodder, or get caught down low and a few places back, I'll let myself get spat out the back ASAP before the next elimination and get up and over the top as quickly as possible.

If all goes well and you find three of you left, sprint before the finish line and then keep the pace up as long as possible. It's a panicky race where people try and conserve as much energy as possible so they'll always slow after the sprint and expect everyone else to. So you drop man three and catch man two off guard and he'll really need to work to catch you.
Originally Posted by VanceMac
It's a bit like asking for chess strategy... there are so many variables that are constantly changing, I think the most valuable skill is knowing when/how to react to the unfolding flow. I thought this was a nice primer: http://tinyurl.com/q2k9vnr
Thanks for the tips. I have a better idea of what I'm going to try at least. I like the idea of being in control of the pace or right with whoever is doing it. Also I need to watch for the ebbs and flows as they did seem pretty consistent last time I raced it.

I really appreciate it.