Thread: Sore Calves????
View Single Post
Old 05-06-15, 01:58 AM
katsrevenge
covered in cat fur

Bikes: Papillionaire Sommer, '85 Schwinn World Tourist, 2014 Windsor Kensington 8, SixThreeZero SS Cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sad thing is..I'm not much of a distance rider. I'm more a rides to work type. :/ I ride one of two bikes, one is dutch style upright the other is more a roadster (if the graphic I saw the other day is right!) set up. Not really aggro bikes, LOL! I just am on the go a lot it seems!

I will lower both seats a 1/4 inch. Right now they are set up so that my leg is flatfooted at the bottom of the stroke, knee just barely bent.

I will also start those drops. Look easy enough and I do not want to cripple myself!

As for gears, I ride on the second gear on a three speed and generally the 4th gear on my 8 speed. I can try an easier one but it really doesn't feel like I'm mashing it. I try to maintain a slow 'jogging' rhythm with the peddling. If I speed up I shift to keep it the same, slow down..shift to keep it the same.

As for diet *looks at giant bowl of corn for dinner*..erm.. I have been slacking on the proteins lately. Just haven't been feeling them. All I seem to want is salad or veggies. I'll boil a few eggs and eat them too, I guess. Mmm.. protien!
I do take a multivitamin. I thought it had everything but it doesn't. Just checked. I normally buy those 'One Source' multis but they were out so I just grabbed the hair and nails version instead. While my skin looks great and my nails are growing...it is a basic vitamin with lots of biotin. Bah. I do eat lots of bananas though.

And thanks all for your suggestions. This has been bothering me and I don't want it getting worse.