Old 05-06-15, 07:29 AM
Lenton58 

Bikes: Vitus 979, Simplon 4-Star, Woodrup, Gazelle AB, Dawes Atlantis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Fantastic reporting, @Lenton58. Thank you so much.

NYC now has a high cyclist population compared with the past and compared with other U.S. cities. Wrong way cycling has become a huge problem. Law enforcement for some cycling infractions has increased but not for wrong way cycling! I'd prefer if they enforced that law alone and left the others, until this problem subsides. I had a really tough time last week on a major avenue, avoiding many wrong way cyclists in a six mile trip. A couple of times I have stopped and blocked the cyclist entirely, but I'm not really the right messenger for this message.
Thanks for the comp, Tom. I get exactly what you are saying. People sometimes ask me if I still ride the bicycle to work. I answer, "No, too much stress!" And exactly for the reason you describe. It's just bloody dangerous out there during rush hour — because of cyclists! I stride my old Yamaha SRX and fight the cagers. Less dangerous. When I get home, I go for a quiet ride by the river! — Cheers ... Lorne