View Single Post
Old 05-06-15, 07:46 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by HawkOwl
In the past couple months I've met and broken bread with two posters here. Unfortunately I was traveling sans bike so didn't ride. But, we shared stories, life and generally socialized. A few years ago I met a guy through this site. He and I have ridden together several times and continue to call each other friend.

Simple statement. Simple event. Simple pleasure. Very satisfying.

Oh, why no pictures? I value other people's privacy and would never post about someone without prior clearance. In these cases I failed to get that.
For comments, see this previous related thread with (some) pictures, on the Fifty-Plus Forum, ” Meeting Up With BF50+ Members Off the Bike”

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by miss kenton
Meeting up with 50+ members, on or off the bike, has proven to be a wonderful experience for me, and I highly recommend it to others who get the opportunity to do so. It is a great adventure to meet in person the people you spend time conversing with online, and lends a whole new dimension to the community

… Myself and a few other Fifty-Plus subscribers [including the Kentons] have been together on a few, some up to about four of the preceding eight [Fifty-Plus Annual] rides...I think all the participants have had a good time, as members of Fifty-Plus, for example with these comments from Ride V in Boston last year:

… Besides meeting these E-acquaintances face-to-face, it is also much fun to meet them as residents of Bike Forums and especially Fifty Plus. None of my own personal circle know much of the Forums whereas those attending the Annual Rides are now face-to-face acquaintances and also know the other personalities on the Forums…