Old 05-06-15, 08:22 AM
ColaJacket

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.3 C - 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by katsrevenge
Sad thing is..I'm not much of a distance rider. I'm more a rides to work type. :/ I ride one of two bikes, one is dutch style upright the other is more a roadster (if the graphic I saw the other day is right!) set up. Not really aggro bikes, LOL! I just am on the go a lot it seems!

I will lower both seats a 1/4 inch. Right now they are set up so that my leg is flatfooted at the bottom of the stroke, knee just barely bent.

I will also start those drops. Look easy enough and I do not want to cripple myself!

As for gears, I ride on the second gear on a three speed and generally the 4th gear on my 8 speed. I can try an easier one but it really doesn't feel like I'm mashing it. I try to maintain a slow 'jogging' rhythm with the peddling. If I speed up I shift to keep it the same, slow down..shift to keep it the same.

As for diet *looks at giant bowl of corn for dinner*..erm.. I have been slacking on the proteins lately. Just haven't been feeling them. All I seem to want is salad or veggies. I'll boil a few eggs and eat them too, I guess. Mmm.. protien!
I do take a multivitamin. I thought it had everything but it doesn't. Just checked. I normally buy those 'One Source' multis but they were out so I just grabbed the hair and nails version instead. While my skin looks great and my nails are growing...it is a basic vitamin with lots of biotin. Bah. I do eat lots of bananas though.

And thanks all for your suggestions. This has been bothering me and I don't want it getting worse.
What part of the foot is on the pedal? And the rule of thumbs for seat height are all just starting points.

Also, if you don't want to eat meat to get your proteins, most vegetarians eat a lot of beans/legumes to get their protein. Milk is also a good source of protein (as well as the eggs that you mentioned).

GH

Last edited by ColaJacket; 05-06-15 at 08:36 AM.