Old 05-07-15, 06:26 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by phenry24
90% of my commute is on rural roads. I'll talk to horses, moo at cows, and yell at squirrels and groundhogs.

Sometimes I talk to myself, but most of my conversations are with animals.
Ditto. Hiss at geese, quack at ducks ...

Originally Posted by Agent Cooper
Yup. When I'm in busy traffic, I keep a running commentary going in my head about what is going on around me.

"OK, that guy is turning off, I can go ahead. Red light coming up, better unclip. Car in the driveway there, is he pulling out? Keep an eye on him. Is that truck turning? Yes - OK, don't hook me....."

I started doing this after I saw a traffic safety video that suggested the practice as a way to keep alert and get in the habit of situational awareness. Now I just do it without thinking about it. I do it when I'm driving as well. It works.

When I'm not in traffic, just riding recreationally on a quiet road, I constantly have songs playing in my head.
I do this but not necessarily out loud. The out loud parts are more like, "I hope you're stopping at the stop sign," when a car looks to be coming in too fast. Or "Go on around, you have plenty of room," to the overly-cautious driver behind me.

And singing happens. But usually just the chorus or one catchy part of a song. And I often butcher the lyrics.