Old 05-08-15, 07:59 AM
on2wheelsks

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Sirrus Elite, 2014 Secteur Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DBrown9383
Although most of the replies have been negative, I really enjoyed your post. Question; how long of a lead do you use?
I use a 6' leash with a gentle leader, which I strongly recommend. It does take your 4-legged friend a little time to get used to it, but my Henri never takes the slack out of the leash. He has had other dogs, rabbits, and squirrels try to distract him, and he doesn't take the bait. He is very focused on me and the bike and even turning with him is a breeze. I do talk to him some during the run, but i talk to him all the time. We have a one word command he learned at a young age to never disobey, and that word is "back". I have never used it on the bike, never had to. We average 6-7 mph, on a 3-5 mile run. There are risks we all take whenever we ride, so I don't dwell on the negative, just the positive. i also ride a motorcycle, and accept the inherent risks that go along with it.
Just my .02.
I say if you and your hound enjoy it together, why not?
A wise man once said something like, "You can get busy living, or get busy trying not to die." I prefer the former.

Last edited by on2wheelsks; 05-08-15 at 08:17 AM.