View Single Post
Old 05-08-15, 11:30 AM
Stannis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by North Coast Joe
There are so many reputable manufacturers offering complete bikes with quality components at prices for which you can't build one. By building with all new quality parts you'll exceed the price of a comparable complete bike.

If you're talking retrofitting an older frame, that's another story, but in your post you indicated confusion regarding the variety of quality and branding. Not the best idea to do it in that case. The engineers and marketers putting packages together do so knowledgeably and at prices you can't match when buying one BB, etc.

My suggestion: get a nice bike in your budget build range. Ride it today. Keep your eyes open for a used frame to fit out as you have the time/money to research parts.

Man, I'd like a new bike. Brand, spanking, allfrikkin'new. Mmmm...I'm thinking Wabi, no Pinney, no....

ive heard this many times. and while you are correct from a cost perspective. I mentioned in my post. I dont care about cost to a degree. for me, part of the fun is putting it all together and planning the build out, im sure im not the only person on here with that mindset.

so i guess. first things first. If someone could perhaps point me in the direction of some good frame vendors that would be great. aside from that.. the Hubs are the other component im lost on what brand to go with... Or maybe just post some of your own builds.

basically. i view it like building a house. I need to get a good foundation going.. id hate to find out later i bought a frame from a junk company or something like that.

Thanks again!