Old 05-11-15, 06:09 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,458 Posts
Yesterday, there was a team of in-line skaters from a racing team called Team Safe on the TT course parked near us. In LA, I did in-line skating on the boardwalk in Santa Monica. Is there are Fred in-line skate equivalent?

Anyway, I think these guys have cleaned my clock when I was on the bike going up hill on the TT course on their skates. So I went over and said hi with the goal of finding out where there was a local shop for high end skates. Well, there were very nice and friendly but it was the equivalent of a new Fred asking our P/1s about bikes. It turns out that everything is on line and shops went out of business. They referred me to their sponsor and said, I like this the best, there a company made a "hybrid" boot that I "may" be able to skate.

The sad part is that it was all true. It takes a monster amount of ankle strength to skate racing skates with large wheels which is want I want to do. The hybrid would offer more ankle support.

My idea is to throw in some speed skating from time to time and I was opportunistic when I saw those guys to get some info.

Today, I resurrected my golf game. I went in the attic and while tripping over my in-line skates, dug out my golf clubs. I went to the driving range and hit 54 balls with all the clubs. I stopped playing in 2006. It was like I never stopped. I hit a couple of errant shots but power was about the same as before hitting my 4 iron 200 yards and my driver 280 and sometimes into the back fence on the fly. Control was okay but needs work and the short game takes a lot of practice.

Tonight, I am back in the gym for leg strength training. Golf will be a nice diversion for not much TSS. My goal is to play with my old golf buddies in LA.

Over the weekend, I did 4 hours on the TT course - TSS 300.