Thread: Addiction XXXX7
View Single Post
Old 05-12-15, 08:05 PM
Ramona_W
Casually Deliberate

Bikes: 1995 Trek 820, 1994 Trek 930 (project), 1/2 of a 1980s Colin Laing tandem

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
Well, I've done two SS MTBs, but one was a flip and the other I built up at the bike shoppe for Jesus.

This is the second one, before I got the half link for it. I had to get the axle partway in the dropouts then jump up and down on the top tube to get the axle in there

That's such a funny picture because the fork and stem are from that Marin the guy brought in and insisted we break up and mix with a -? What was the bike he already had with suspension? Anyway- for those who weren't there- a guy brings in this beautiful Marin. We were all oohing and aahing over it. He says he's always wanted a Marin and now he's got one. Much congratulating ensued. Then he says it's too hard to ride because it doesn't have suspension and his other bike does and he really needs suspension because he's gonna use it for commuting. I pleaded with him. Everybody pleaded with him. "But you always wanted a Marin and now you've got one and if we take it apart, it won't be worth as much money and it won't be a Marin anymore." But he was adamant.
#youcantsellsense