Old 05-13-15, 03:48 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
I'm new to winning with a team to help so I need some advice. Race went as follows:
2 team mates plus myself.
1 gets into break, I bridge. Third rides 3/4th of race and drops out when we have 9+ minutes on the field and all money is up the road.
Team mate in break and I ride 65 of 75 miles in break doing equal work until it works down to 3 riders. Us 2 and another guy from different team. My team mate leads out the sprint, I take easy win, he gets 3rd. I collect 135 for the win, he gets 35, DNF'd member gets 0 obviously. My question is, how much money do I give each team mate? $20 each? $40? The 3rd place finisher kept his 35 so he already got a few bucks but should at least get a split of mine or something. I likely would have won either way but he put in a solid effort and sacrificed his chance for my win.
One more thing. For me once it gets down to $10 or so it's too little to worry about. I rarely get more than my entry back.

Reminds me I got $45 for my epic 3rd (lol) a week and change ago. I need to see if that needs to be distributed. 2 other teammates, I helped them, I think in a sense one sort of helped me, but I also had a couple BF guys that I wanted to help, blah blah blah. I did all the work for myself in the sprint but the softening up before deserves a mention.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson