Old 05-15-15, 02:49 PM
Sommy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mpe104
I know this topic has been touched many times before but I'm in a situation that I'm sure most people in the market for a mountain bike find themselves in. I have been an avid mountain biker for a number of years and it has been a while since I've bought a new bike. I haven't hit any serious trails in the last couple years, and I am looking to somewhat get back into it. I want a bike that can take technical trails, but non that are too technical. I've heard a lot of good things about 27.5 and 29ers and have tested both. My other thing is that I plan on riding with my girlfriend on paved trails, and she has a performance hybrid so I would need somethign to keep up with her. i plan on putting slicker tires on whichever bike I get for pavement, but I'm still stuck between the two sizes. Will a 27.5 roll on pavement as well as a 29er? Your thoughts are all appreciated. With all that being said my budget is $600 which I know is tight. I can always upgrade components in the future, but for now I just want a solid bike that will get both jobs done,

Thanks in advance
Great question. I would be interested to hear responses as well.