Old 05-16-15, 06:27 AM
CrankyOne

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 35 Posts
I'm 6 years older but same weight and many days the same commute distance or a tad longer. I went the opposite direction and got a Dutch bike (Workcycles Opafiets). I'll never go back. Makes for much more comfortable and enjoyable rides and for all trips much easier to know that I can ride in whatever clothes I want without ever worrying about grease or rips or anything. I also like knowing that these bikes are nearly maintenance free in all weather so no worrying about adjustments or needing to fix stuff and they are more impervious to flats. They also handle weight much better and are easier to ride when weighted down.

More here: City Bikes | LocalMile

That said I still have a road bike for training rides that I do enjoy riding but that is very different from transportation.

I don't drive an Indy car to work (though I did use to have a couple of formula Vee's) and when I'm driving I don't get worked up when other drivers pass me even though I know that my car is faster. There's a difference in racing and transportation.

Last edited by CrankyOne; 05-16-15 at 06:30 AM.