Old 05-16-15, 10:22 PM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlmostTrick
At 12 miles each way, I have no interest in riding to work every day. It would become a chore and cease to be fun.

The other nice thing when I drive is I can carry in/out all my clothes, and even much of my food, keeping my bike light and quick.

There are no rules to cycle commuting, no one signed a contract. We only need to answer to (and impress!) ourselves.
I ride light too. Carry my clothes in on driving days. I also drive now and then to take a break or dodge obviously crappy weather. I'll ride when rain threatens but not when it's pouring out when I wake up. I also avoid riding when temperatures are below 20 degrees F...although, sometimes I will ride when it's in the teens in the AM with above freezing Ts forecast later in the day.

Food is pretty easy. I bring a banana, apple and pear every day, which I can carry in my triangle frame bag. I also have a stash of oatmeal and walnuts at work. So, I can carb up pretty well at lunch. Oh, and sardines. I have about 10 cans of them in my desk a well. I eat one every morning when I arrive to work.