Thread: Addiction XXXX7
View Single Post
Old 05-17-15, 03:13 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by FLvector
Just as you have those days where you have endless energy and wonder where its coming from, everyone has a bad day once in a while. No real reason why, since it could be several underlying factors. Prolly just a fluke.
Yeah, I know. It used to freak me out, now I'm like 'well, isn't that interesting, not what I would have predicted'.

I did get an email from Steady Steve, he's ridden that route three times. He thought he was pretty strong yesterday and is in better shape than he has been in the past when he has ridden it. But he was 30 min slower in his moving time than his previous PB. I think the wind might have been more of a factor than either of us realized. Its the only thing I can think of that would have affected us both.

And, lol, I was out on a recovery ride this morning and who should I run into but Steady Steve and his wife. This is the third time that I've been training for something with some married male friend, off for full weekend days on some very long course, for weeks on end, only to have his wife renew her previously waned interest in cycling.