Old 05-18-15, 07:52 AM
Sangetsu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
My steel bike is a Gios Compact Pro of 1998 vintage. It is fitted with the circa 2000 carbon fibre Record 9 speed kit. The Compact Pro is still produced today, and is unchanged from it's original design. Campagnolo has added a couple more gears to their Record kit, but the lack of steep hills or descent in my area make more gears superfluous.

I will never sell the Gios, it was issued to me by by old team, and it helped get me on the podium in my first serious race. But my next road bike is in the works, it is a Litespeed Ultimate, and I am acquiring the parts to put it together. As with my previous road bikes, nothing made in Asia will be used. My folding bike is Dura Ace/XTR, but I don't like the funky cable routing or bizarre chainset designs of the current Shimano components. I am not sure if the titanium frame will "sing" in the same way that my steel bikes have, but I now live near the seaside, and the salt air is tough on steel and aluminium. I have zero interest in carbon fibre frames.