Old 05-18-15, 03:22 PM
BugDude

Bikes: 2015 Giant Sedona DX Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBOHUNT
Old, Fat, Slow racer who prefers Time Trials.
Rarely do group rides any longer and doubt I'll do rides longer than 60 miles this year with the exception of when I'm stuck at the beach with the wife and her family then it's a double metric one day and a bunch of metrics on the other days. At least gets me away for 3 hours.

Spoken for truth right there.
I was one of those "I'll never wear spandex, why do folks spend $300 or more on a wheel, what's a powermeter and why?" kinda folks. Now I never leave the house without a powermeter and it's all about the workout du jour.

I think crack with meth chasers might also be less expensive
I wear moisture wicking clothes, but not spandex. I have my iphone mounted on my handlebars with mapmyrun in bike mode and I track my mileage, speed, time, etc. on a spreadsheet (just because I'm an accountant and I like spreadsheets more than apps). Given my build, I'll never be competitive other than against my own accomplishments. I'm sure I could go faster on a road bike than I do on my hybrid, but I figure progress is like scales. It doesn't matter if their off as long as you compare against the same scale. So my total speed doesn't matter just my comparison against what I've been doing.