Old 11-08-05, 09:15 AM
Scooter123
Reprobate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Folks,

This post has a happy ending. Earlier this year, I saw a talk by the author of this book, at a Carolina Tarwheels meeting in Durham, NC. He described a new saddle design that measurably improves the blood flow that is constricted by the bicycle seat designs that are currently popular.

The author, Joshua Cohen, has made an arrangement with Performance Bicycle Shop to manufacture the seat. There's a link that describes it in detail here.

I picked up the less expensive, gel model about a month ago in Chapel Hill. Since then I've been on three rides on our Tandem, one of them over fifty miles. So far, I'm feeling much better than before. The saddle's nose is in the right place, but towards the back it is nearly flat from side to side. This causes the sit bones to support more of my weight, without the "wedge" affect.

I'm also learning to get out of the saddle more often, but I still can't do it as much as I would need to in order to feel good with my previous saddle.

Sorry if this reads like an advertisement. I have no connection with Performance, Mr. Cohen, or the E3 form seat other than being a fairly happy customer.

--
Scott C.
Cary, NC

Last edited by Scooter123; 11-08-05 at 09:18 AM. Reason: URL had an error.