Stucky
Old Fart

Bikes: '97 Klein Quantum '16 Gravity Knockout

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramona_W
I love going up hills even on the tandem. It's going downhill I'm not fond of. Too darned fast. Maybe if I'd kept riding after I first learned as a kid, I'd have enjoyed them. As it is, I didn't learn to ride again for roughly 45 years. Now that I do it again, I'm kind of disappointed. I had hoped that once I could ride a bike, I could do all the things I envied the other kids the ability to do like jump on a bike and go to the movies or to a friend's house to hang out or to the park to lie in the sun. But we all got older in the meantime and we have jobs and there's a lot less time to do those things and/or people think it's silly to be trying to do them by bike. *sigh*
Ah! You've hit upon a key issue: Time! When we were kids, not only did we have the time, but we generally weren't going out and doing 30 or 40 miles at a clip. We'd just hop on our bikes and go downtown, or around the block. Lately, I'm finding myself doing short little 15 mile rides, just so I'll get out there and ride- without having to try and justify to myself taking bigger chunks of time out of the day to "go play bikes" I mean

Originally Posted by Ramona_W
There's probably a lot less of that kind of thinking if you're able to ride a straight line and can stay in your own lane.
That's why we wear lycra. Alcoholics don't wear lycra (Unless they are also cyclists).

Last edited by Stucky; 05-21-15 at 08:11 AM.