View Single Post
Old 05-21-15, 12:37 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
My concept of the A ride is that it's the fastest guys in town going as fast as they can. And maybe it's just my perspective of how rides here in Sacramento formed. There were no A or B rides, just rides. After a while there formed a critical mass of riders who were pretty strong but just couldn't hang on and got tired of killing themselves every week only to be dropped, so they formed a B group that did more or less the same ride but left 15 minutes early or later.

But since the A group is always going to be the strongest riders going pretty damn hard, I don't know how you can get a + version of that without importing even faster riders or motorpacing or doping.
My guess is that an A+ ride would be like just the top 10-15 guys that are always in the rotation/attacking (e.g., chuck, byron, etc) getting together and doing the South River Ride on thursday instead of tuesday while the rest of us did the regular A ride on thursday and wondered why the ride got so easy. So, the rest of us on the A ride bring down the average of the A+'ers.