View Single Post
Old 05-21-15, 11:39 PM
DBrown9383

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doctors orders: stop riding the bike

I am devastated. I just joined here a short while ago after buying a new hybrid bike and have really taken to riding every day to improve my health and because I'm having a blast rediscovering the joys of biking. I had some discomfort with my saddle, purchased a better one but was suffering from NDS and soreness. I got used to the seat, or it got used to me and the numbness has gone away but for the last two weeks I've had testicular pain, hip pain and pain in my flank that radiates to my groin, knee and then down to my big toe. It's hard to describe but it feels like a tooth ache in my hip/ groin which radiates down. It has gotten so bad I can't sleep on either side (if at all). There is little to no pain during the day but by bedtime I'm really in agony. I went to my doctor today and had a cat scan, blood work and urinalysis. I have had kidney stones in the past and thought it might be another stone. The cat scan came back negative, no blood in urine but blood work results won't be available until Monday. I also need X-rays to be done next week. In the mean time my doctor told me to stop riding the bike! I don't know if it's a hernia, bone cancer, bursitis or what. He did ask if I had changed my routine lately and I told him I've been riding 20mi. a day on a new bike and told him about the numbness and knee pain. I think at this point it's the old "doc, it hurts when I move my leg like that. Answer from doc? "stop moving your leg like that" I'm taking pain medicine so I can sleep and feel cheated out of something I really enjoy doing. I'm now just hoping they can find out what is wrong. Prayers or positive thoughts appreciated. Anyone else have something like this happen after starting to ride after 4 decades off a bike? My dog has gotten used to going with me on short rides around the block too. When I say "want to go on a bike ride?" he gets all excited. My wife also likes to ride but now I'm grounded so she has to ride alone. This whole situation is a real bummer. I was already picking out my next bike and now I'm sitting on the couch or walking.