View Single Post
Old 05-22-15, 05:54 AM
DBrown9383

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did start riding w/o enough extension but have fixed that (raised seat) 3 weeks ago. I also started out pushing too big of a gear but have been focusing on spinning for quite awhile now. The bike feels good to me and I'm not having any pain while riding. My doctor is pretty good and is focusing on finding out what the problem is and not just medicating. Bursitis was mentioned and my father had it. I'm 58 years old. If this is bursitis it's an awful disease. Very painful aching/throbbing type pain. Not as bad as a kidney stone but bad enough that the pain will wake me out of a sound sleep or not allow me to fall asleep at all. I'm not giving up and actually wouldn't be disappointed at all if I had to ride a recumbent. I don't like waiting for test results and can't help the worry but it is what it is and will be what it will be. I have really immersed myself in this sport/hobby/past time but may not have given enough thought to my age and I did NOT "take it easy" getting going. Thanks for the support. I'll post what the doc finds good or bad.