Old 05-22-15, 05:32 PM
cntryislandboy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this bike worth building? Schwinn Avenue

Long story short. Got 2 ($200 each) of these (matching his and hers) from Walmart about 6 years ago. They've collected dust for the most part ever since due to wife not riding and me riding road bike all the time. Recently I've been tossing around the idea of building it up as a jack of all traits bike. Now that we live closer to family we take a lot of family visiting trips to myrtle beach and stay about a block from the beach. I'm thinking of adding some panniers for front and back for the ability to haul groceries and beer. I also plan on adding a rod holder or 2 to ride to the fishing spots.

I've changed the positioning on the bike from the pictures and actually set it up to comfort and it rides really nice. I've hauled the kids with it great, even a lawn mower(see below). I'm thinking this bike will work great for what I want. Hopefully be able to use it at home more to and save on some gas. I figure if I try it out and like it I may end up upgrading some of the parts down the road. It currently has Shimano parts now but I'm pretty sure there the low end. I will never upgrade to high end parts but I can see going some where middle of the road parts.

Your input and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.