Old 05-22-15, 10:58 PM
steve_cay

Bikes: 2013 Trek 8.4 DS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Cannondale seems to have the most expensive hybrids of any of the big manufacturers.

And the expense doesn't seem to come with any higher quality levels to make up for it.

For that reason, Cannondale are literally never in the running for any bike purchase that I would be considering at any price point.
And Giant seems to have the least expensive of the big "quality" manufacturers. Now that usually means a bump down in some components on a seemingly comparable bike, but can also mean a bump up in components when you get the "higher" Giant model for similar price as the competitors.

I.e.
Roam 1 is same price with much better components (Deore vs Altus, 10 speed vs 8 speed, more suspension travel).
Roam 2 is much cheaper, and still has some better components (i.e. Acera vs Altus rear, 9 speed vs 8 speed, more suspension travel).

In at least one case where I have a similar (but more expensive) Trek (Mens DS) to a Giant (woman's Roam 2), the Giant was 2lbs heavier ... perhaps that is where some of the "value" goes.