Old 05-24-15, 12:50 PM
motorapido

Bikes: 1976 Schwinn Super Le Tour, tricked out with modern components. Shimano Alfine 11 internal gear hub. Dynamo hub. Titanium racks and bottle cages. Mercier Kilo Wide Tire dropbar singlespeed

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by FBinNY
Problem solved. As I said, you might want to file a bit of a flat spot, maybe down to where the washer is supported for most of it's periphery, but there's no real need.

BTW- the fork is strong enough that it's OK to skip the adapter in back. But if you have a plain round rear bridge which takes an adapter, you need it on both sides there to prevent crushing the tube.
Based on this photo of the rearward side of the fork crown, am I OK putting a plain, flat washer against the back of the fork, followed by the fender mount bracket, another plain flat washer, and finally the nylock nut? With that setup, the end of the brake stud protrudes past the top of the nylock nut, assuring me of contact with 100% of the nylock nut threads. Is this variety of fork crown robust enough not to have the specially shaped washer in the back? Photo here (can't get the photo uploader tool to work, daggonit) http://1drv.ms/1SxNKSC